I suggest you ...

Add "Special episodes" section for series

Each series have some kind of special episodes: gag reels, bloopers, behind the scenes, making of, OVA (for animes), webisodes, minisodes, etc... You should add a "specials" section, next to the seasons.

603 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About this, I noticed there isn't a special episode. The Christmas 2017 episode: There was twice. After the season 11, before the new, that begins today. You should add it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The christmas special of Call The Midwife (6.09) is missing too and locked at thetvdb.com

• Aecheritt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a special "episode" for 13 Reasons Why too, "13 Reasons Why : Beyond the Reasons"

• psy4trik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Merci d'avoir ajouté les épisodes spéciaux pour black mirror et les 3, 4 séries que vous mentionnez ❤ cependant je vais être embêtant, mais ne pourriez-vous pas faire la même chose pour l'intégralité des séries ? De même que pour les animes (OAV, OAD, etc..) ? Regardez l'application série guide par exemple, elle prends en compte tout cela et même les films pour les animes sont indiqués avec les OAV et spéciaux. Si vous pouviez faire de même sa serait top et sa m'éviterai d'utiliser 2 applications

Please add specials for all thetvdb.com shows. Every show listed on thetvdb has a specials section. If specials exist, they are listed under Season 0 (zero) along with the air date and what episode they should be before or after.

Adding a S00 for Shows that have specials would be most helpful. Since you have to scan thetvdb.com for changes all the time, hopefully this will be easy to implement.

• hhh415 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add S00 for all shows that have specials like on thetvdb.com

Since TVShowTime gets its information from the database, If Season 0 exists for a TV Show, Please include Season 0 and associated episodes listed on thetvdb.com.

This would eliminate manual requests and entries and would just work.

Love TvShowTime! Wonderful work.

• Carr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please add pilot episodes for following series? I hope they're considered as special episodes as well:
        - The Bare Bears
        - Over The Garden Wall
        - Sherlock

• Baron Brain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Talal,

First off, many thanks for your continuing efforts to improve this program. It's definitely appreciated! As is the fact you are finally including TV specials in series listings.

However, I don't understand how the current method for adding such specials can be marked as a "COMPLETED" task.

You've begun by including specials from only four(?) series, and asked us to request additional series to include specials for. No offense intended, but this is a mere drop in an ocean of "special" data. And isn't the current method of addressing specials overcomplicated and time consuming for everyone involved?

The problem you face are the many hundreds of TV series that do have additional "specials" — especially Japanese anime, where most shows have a slew of special episodes content (bonus unaired episodes, OVAs, ONAs, OADs). I myself watch lots of anime, and hoped to be able to check off the specials I've watched (and will watch) – but I've yet to see any anime series lwith listed specials.

TVShow Time obtains series & episode data from thetvdbcom… a database which already lists special episode data, but formatted essentially as a Season 0 entry labeled as "Specials":
        ° Specials
        ° Season 1
        ° Season 2
        ° and so forth…

Wouldn't it be possible to write a script automatically parsing any & all "Special" episode data (from the TVDB database), so it's properly formatted into the correct "Season" placement (within TVShow Time's database)? That way, it would add in ALL the listed Specials in the database, and it would always remain updated (just as how series & episodes are regularly updated).

If this isn't possible, I'm sure we'd all appreciate knowing the reasons, considering the information is (seemingly) readily available at hand.

Thanks again for your efforts! I sincerely hope you can find some way of better attaching specials to their proper series & ordering…

Cheers!

• Baron Brain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Including specials as separately entries would be ridiculously time-consuming for the TVShow Time folks.

They should always simply add any Specials exactly as listed under their thetvdb.com entries — just include them for each series as an extra season, but labelled as "Specials".

In other words:
        ° Season 1
        ° Season 2
        ° Season 3
        ° Specials

That way we could just check them off as any other normal show season.

Of course, if they could program it to place the specials in their correct season order placements, that would be even better (since the database does have specific tags denoting such placements, along with the dates).

Either way, something really needs to address this deficiency with the program.

Thanks!

Can you add special episode like Chrismas episode or other special episode ?

Like in Doctor Who, for example, Chrismas episodes are very important for the TV Show, same thing for Downton Abey. And please do it chronologically.

You could add the special episode directly at the end of the season, or between two seasons.

Thanks.

← Previous 1 3

General: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base